Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Visit To The Optician...

I was at the optical shop the other day to replenish my stock of contact lens when
the optician mentioned that I should bring my girls over for an eye test. I was thinking 'Huh? Do they need it since they are so young...' He then explained that as my hubby has a high degree of astigmatism, it could affect my girls as well.

We went to the optician yesterday at 1Utama. I prepared my girls before the visit by telling them that we need to bring them to check their eyes. They were excited as they had no idea what it was. When we got there, I went through the test first in order for them to get an idea of what goes on. When it was their turn, JL said 'JY first' and JY said 'JL' first', which is common for them to push the other to go ahead first if they are scared or not willing to do something.

I chose JY to go first as JL being the elder twin typically had to go first and it's only fair that JY gets her turn as well. They did the electronic eye test with me
holding them on my lap. It went rather smoothly as all that was involved was having them look at a picture of a tree through a tiny hole which was kinda fun for them...

Next came the phoropter test, where they would look at a chart through a variety of lenses. The girls looked at me wearing the 'big spectacle' and spelling out the alphabets on the chart as instructed by the optician. I got JL to do this test first since JY went first earlier. The optician asked if they are good in their ABCs and I
proudly said yes. They went through the test in almost the same way as us adults. It was like fun for them as they got to wear the 'big spectacle' and spell out the alphabets just like their mommy. He then did another test by asking them to look into his eyes while he shined a light into their eyes.

I was glad that they were well behaved throughout and even optician was very impressed. Of course, I was much relieved that the tests showed they had perfect vision and do not need any correction.

No comments: