Monday, September 20, 2010

The Girls and The Baby...

Until recently the girls have always been the youngest among their cousins, until my elder sister gave birth to her second child, a baby boy. When I visited her I would usually bring the girls along.

Both of them have seen tiny babies before but as they grow older they seem to act more like big sisters.

I'd ask them to sing lullabies to the baby when the baby is crying. During one of these occasions when they were trying to pacify the crying baby they did so by caressing him softly while saying "Baby, don't cry..." but at the same time their eyes were glued to the tv that was showing a cartoon.

Another time I was quite surprised when they both said "Baby, don't cry. I am here" (caressing baby softly and then pointing to themselves by putting their hand on their chest). They must have learnt it from us adults who normally console their little ones that way. Haha...

No comments: