Saturday, September 18, 2010

First Lego Set...

Lego has always been a big part of my childhood, and I used to spend hours playing with them and making the most fantastic things. I never seemed to follow the instructions though... Anyway this isn't about me, so over to wifey...

We've always wanted to buy the girls a Lego set. However most of the sets we saw were either simple Duplo ones or were the complicated ones that required you to read the instructions to build something specific. We preferred the freestyle ones where they could build whatever they put their imaginations to but we couldn't find any satisfactory ones.

We were looking around a supermarket when I was in Melbourne recently and was so happy that we finally found one. We showed the girls the set on Skype when I was there and they were very excited. when I got back home I placed the box on a book shelf in the study. When they entered the room, Jun Yen spotted it right away, which was amazing as the room was quite dark and the light was not turned on yet. She must have owl vision, hehe...

As the girls are still young, we only allow them to play with the bigger pieces and kept aside the smaller ones. We taught them how to build things but they sometimes like to use it as part of their cooking game as part of their "ingredients". This annoys hubby a bit who thinks it's a very pricey toy for them to use to 'cook' rather than build things. But they are after all still small and need time to learn to build things out of them. Besides I can see that they are interested to build things, but they also like to cook as well...

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I used to play masak-masak with my legos too. :D

They will start building amazing things with those bricks soon enough. ;)