Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tennis...

Have been going through a renaissance of sorts lately. I have always been an avid tennis player, but have pretty much laid down my racket over the last 5 years, and even before that was playing sporadically. It's a bit of a pain to find players considering the popularity (or lack thereof). I can name 3 or 4 groups I can join for badminton, but not one for tennis.

And face it, good though playing with my friend SC, it gets pretty boring after a while, which both of us acknowledge...

So it was quite a boon when we got to know one group who plays regularly on weekend mornings, through an introduction from someone we play badminton with on Saturdays! That coupled with regular access to courts by my joining the club meant I was ready to rejoin the tennis world, woohoo!

Some of my gear needed updating though, particularly my racket bag which had pretty much began falling apart. Wifey bought me a Wilson Super Six bag as a present (thanks wifey!) so that's sorted out. Moving on to rackets I got rid of a few old ones including an Estusa and a Head.

I've been a fan of Wilson stuff over the last few years, playing mostly with a Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 (not the classic one, but the extremely rare Dual Taper Beam version) so I gravitated to the KSix.One 95. Last week I also got the KSix.One Tour 90, so as of last week you could say I was in possesion of both rackets used at the 2009 US Open finals. Sold off the K90 within a few days to SC though as I really couldn't comfortably use rackets like that anymore.

No comments: