Sunday, February 01, 2009

Chinese New Year... Year of the Ox...

Year of the Ox eh... Does that mean we get more grass???...

Okay lah... since it's Year of the Ox, here's a pic of our kerbau friends...

Taken by the side of the road from Teluk Intan to Bidor. Yeah, I know it's a lousy pic, but it was as close as I got before the Singh chased me off for disturbing his kerbaus... And with a 17-40 lens... never had a chance...

Anyway, I was musing earlier today (while stuck at the traffic lights...) how fast CNY seemed to go by this year. It is doubly odd as not only did it feel like it went by faster, but in reality it is probably the longest CNY break I have had for years...

I think the reason is mainly the babies... We are so preoccupied with taking care of them, playing with them, looking out for them, that before you know it a day has gone by. Weekends pass by in similar fashion.

In my bachelor days the CNY hols seemed to loom long ahead, and indeed there was many a day that was largely spent plopped in front of the telly with a container of cookies and a drink at the ready. There was so much time to meet up with friends, even in far off areas, time to play those computer games, and time to go indulge in CNY picture taking at the Thean Hou temple... And even time to drive down to the city and gawk at the near empty roads...

Now, its whoosh... huh, CNY's over???

Mind you, I'm not saying it's unpleasant. Far from it. I get to spend a lot of time and play with my babies. The journey back to wifey's hometown also seems so much better for it.

It's a different kind of happiness...

No comments: