Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Papa's Day With Babies...

August 31 was Malaysia's National Day (or more accurately Independence Day...) and as it fell on a Sunday, the next day (Monday) was a holiday too.

Papa, you're gonna take care of us the whole day?...

Unfortunately, wifey had to work, so it was up to me to take care of the babies that day. Haven't spent the whole day alone with them for a while now...
Day began rather slowly, they woke up (okay, woke up and bawled in earnest) at around 9am. They had been awake a while before that and were playing contentedly in their cots, so I didn't bother. But when the bawling started, I made them their milk and true to form, went back to nap after their breakfast.

Brought them downstairs around 10am plus, still a bit bleary eyed, and bathed first Jun Lee then Jun Yen. Both are now very comfortable in their baths, and it's been quite easy to bathe them ever since they learnt to sit in the tub quite a while before. They also like to play in the bath and would slap the water with their hands; Jun Yen does this more vigorously, and I got quite wet as as result. They also like to have the rubber ducky in the bath, but today I didn't put it in for them. So a quick bath, dry up, and another bottle of milk at 11am.

Put them into the playpen and they remained content to play with their toys (their favourite is the Lego mouse-thingy) while I skipped upstairs to order pizza online, hehe... Used to order Dominos but of late Pizza Hut has gotten its act together, and the Pan Pizza-Thin Crust combo for 32bucks delivered was a decent deal.

By 1pm, the babies looked kinda sleepy, so I brought them up to their cots (not without some protest...) to nap. Brother came over and we had pizza and watched a DVD. Around 3pm they woke up, so bro and I brought them downstairs to the playpen again, before he went back home.

Soon it began raining, and raining.

A rainy afternoon...

I pushed the playpen to the door so the babies could watch the rain. I sat next to them watching as the rain pelted down, and I felt very contented. They too, looked like they were mesmerised by the rain. I turned to look at them and they looked back and smiled, with Jun Lee saying something to me that sounded like "Ehh", and went back to watching the rain. Satisfaction is a strange thing...

No comments: