Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Debut...

It's finally online! And finally an outlet for my scribblings!

Been thinking of doing it since a few years back, but never got around to doing it because...

I couldn't think of a decent name nor title for the blog!!! (I still can't...)

Imagine, going to blogspot's setup page, and a few clicks away from starting my own blog, and being held up by the page asking you for a title, and name! Though the blog is finally up, I'm still not happy with the title, and the one you see here is simply waiting for a decent one to come along...

Thought is the sail, knowledge the wind, and mankind the vessel...
Its an old quote by a certain Augustus Hare. Don't ask me for any insights into it, ask the great man yourself, if that is indeed possible... It's just something derivative of Scirocco, which was a nick I picked up at random many years ago when registering for some motoring forum.

If you have to know, a scirocco (alternatively sirocco or qibli) is rather furious wind that blows primarily in the Mediterranean (of which I am a few thou miles away from...) or worryingly, to quite a large amount of people, a Volkswagen coupe, thanks to VW's tendency to name a few of its models after types of wind.

So without further ado, unleash the wind!

No comments: